My first post

  Hello everyone, my name is Mario Rodriguez and I am 21 years old. I moved to Corvallis for school, however I was born and raised in Beaverton, Oregon. Growing up I played a lot of sports such as, soccer, basketball, and baseball. Both my mom and dad also played soccer growing up therefore I mainly focused on that once I got a bit older and took sports more seriously. I played competitively all throughout my high school years. This taught me to be very disciplined and persistent, wanting to be the best I could on the pitch. Both my parents come from Mexico and had moved to the states at a very young age. I am an only child, and growing up it was something I was not a fan of because I had always wanted siblings, but quickly realized that it's not fun having to deal with annoying brothers or sisters. I enrolled in this class because I had just switched my major from mechanical engineering to marketing. Engineering did not interest me anymore like it used to and I wanted to do something different with my education. Plus, being a marketing major made more sense for my future life plans. My parents own a cleaning and care giving business and I've been working for them since I was 13. One day I want to take it over and hopefully be able to expand on it with my business education. That is another reason I took this class, to be able to get a better grasp on the ideas and information of marketing your business idea. I am very excited to learn new things from my professor.  Aside from doing school, in my free time I like to play soccer. I do not do it competitively anymore, but it is still fun to go out and kick around with friends. I have a pet wiener dog named Humphrey, who loves to play outside with me when I am back home. I also enjoy going out with friends and playing video games. I have been really into a Pokemon game I got for Christmas. It's been really taking up a lot of my time.
I am the one on the right, and my roommate is pictured on the left.






Comments